Job Title: Ski and Ride Instructor
Reports To: Director of Ski & Ride School
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $14.20 hourly – starting
SUMMARY: Greek Peak Mountain Resort is hiring ski & snowboard instructors for the 23-24 winter ski season. This position provides coaching services for all populations, including children, adult groups, private lessons, and academic programs, appropriate to your skill level in a safe and fun environment. This is a seasonal position. We have flexible daytime and evening shifts available. Must be at least 16 years old with valid working papers and have weekend availability. Instructors receive a complimentary season pass and discounts for dependents or a buddy.
PLEASE READ: If you would like to find out more information about becoming and instructor and are at least 16 years old INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE INFO SESSIONS will be held on Sun 11/19/23 1PM – 2:30PM and Thu 11/30/23 7PM – 8:30PM LOCATION: Instructors Pro Room located above the rental shop (go up the metal stairs on the end of the building near rentals). If you plan on attending one of these info sessions, please email your RSVP to email@example.com with your name and phone number.
PLEASE READ: REQUIREMENT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INSTRUCTOR POSITION: Must be at least 16 years old and a proficient skier or snowboarder with confident communication skills You MUST sign up (complete the application) and attend our 2023 INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE (ITC) on BOTH Sat 12/2/23 & Sun 12/3/23 9AM-4PM There is a $10 processing fee that must be paid by Sat 12/2/23
**** CLICK HERE for the PDF application and additional information document****
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Come prepared to teach any and all populations
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional appearance
- Keep equipment current, safe and properly maintained.
- Complete required training and attend mandatory clinics
- Provide a high-level of customer service to our guests and assist them with any questions they may have. Acts as a goodwill ambassador for the mountain
- Provides assistance to other departments of the resort to contribute to its smooth operation
- Works in inclement weather conditions, properly shielding yourself from cold weather, frost bite and sun exposure
- Follows established safety procedures and emergency guidelines
- Attends departmental or all employee meetings as required
- Complies with all department policies and procedures and policies listed in the employee handbook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 16 years old with valid working papers.
- Must have weekend availability.
- Ability to confidently give instructions to guests.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in all elements of weather.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arm
- Instructors receive a complimentary season pass and discounts for dependents or a buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, waterpark, and Adventure Center.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- For all seasonal, full-time, and part-time staff GPMR offers telemedicine benefits for a nominal fee.
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).