Job Title: Director of Housekeeping and Janitorial Services
Reports To: Hotel General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $56, 000 – $60,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Greek Peak Mountain Resort and Hope Lake Lodge and Indoor Waterpark is currently looking for a Director of Housekeeping and Janitorial Services. This position is responsible for the overall cleanliness of Hope Lake Lodge guestrooms, rental properties, ski side base buildings, the Lookout event space, and campground bath house facilities on the resort. The Director of Housekeeping and Janitorial Services oversees the daily operation of the housekeeping and janitorial departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Manages the daily operation of the housekeeping, laundry, and janitorial department to include appropriate cleaning of all hotel guestrooms, offices, seating areas, washrooms, suites, the Lookout event space, and all public spaces to include the ski side base buildings. Provides direction and positive leadership to employees in the housekeeping, townhome, laundry, and janitorial areas.
- Manages all Greek Peak Mountain Resort janitorial staff throughout the resort.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction. Regulates quality of cleanliness of all areas of the lodge and other rental units by performing inspections and the required follow-up with staff. This would include storage closets, employee break room, laundry, and housekeeping office areas.
- Makes recommendations regarding housekeeping budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Purchases, re-orders and maintains housekeeping supplies and inventory. Responsible for cost control for all housekeeping items using a par method. Responsible for timely ordering to ensure products arrive on time, minimizing shortages or out-of-stocks.
- Schedules associates in accordance with forecasted occupancy, adjusts staffing as necessary for sudden changes in business levels.
- Coordinates housekeeping needs with other hotel department managers.
- Communicates and works closely with Guest Services to ensure that all cleaned units are entered in the computer system timely and accurately accommodating special requests when possible.
- Works closely with Human Resources in order to attract, retain, and motivate associates: hires, develops, empowers, coaches and counsels, conducts performance reviews, resolves problems, and provides open communication for all associates. Performs corrective action as needed, with proper documentation turned in to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Maintains information and communication sources to include log book, and other forms of communication. Follows up on all requests and questions by customers and staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Upholds the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct. Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within housekeeping and janitorial departments. Trains all staff and follows established safety procedures, and proper use of personal protective equipment, bloodborne pathogen and sharps policies.
- Implement and work on upgrading the overall resort standards of cleanliness.
- Assists in implementing emergency action plans, and coordinates with other departments to effectively apply these plans.
- Responds to all guest requests and complaints and follows up timely to ensure guest’s satisfaction. Works closely with Guest Services and General Manager to ensure any and all issues get resolution.
- Maintains a clean, pleasant, and professional image to our guests and employees. Enforces these guidelines with all housekeeping staff.
- Complies with all resort policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be performance driven. Strong organizational and people skills a must. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a flexible work schedule to include weekends.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to give instructions to employees.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Two years of college; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees who work a minimum of 2 shifts per week are eligible for a season pass at a nominal fee of $15.00 with complimentary rentals.
- Discounted season passes for dependent/buddy.
- Additional discounts on lodging, food, gear, waterpark, and Adventure Center.
- Excellent training and professional development.
- For all seasonal, full-time, and part-time staff GPMR offers telemedicine benefits for a nominal fee.
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (All full-time staff-1st of the month after 30 days of employment).
Greek Peak Mountain Resort, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply for this position
Please fill out the items below to the best of your ability. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).